NordMar projects – Final conference on the Ocean
The final meeting of the three NordMar projects; NordMar Plastic, NordMar BioRefine and NordMar Ports funded by the Nordic Council of Ministers under the Icelandic chairmanship in the Arctic Council 2019-2021, was held in Iceland on the 2nd of June 2022 at Grand Hotel Reykjavík.
The agenda was as follows:
Note that PDF files with the presentations from NordMar Plastic are linked to the titles for further information.
9:00 – 9:15 Welcome from the Icelandic Presidency of the Nordic Council of Ministers (2019)
- Jón Þrándur Stefansson, Special advisor, Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Jóhanna Bryndís Bjarnadóttir, Director, Nordic Cooperation, Directorate for Bilateral and Regional Affairs, Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
9:15 – 9:20 Interlink between the projects
9:20 – 10:25 NordMar Ports
- Introduction – Jákup Sørensen
- Ports as drivers in the green transition – The legal framework on alternative fuels – Sylvia Rakel Guðjónsdóttir, Orkustofnun
- Ports as drivers in Green transition – Anna Margret Kornelisdóttir, Íslensk nýorka
- On site guidelines for cruise ships – Ilja Leo Lang, AECO
- Ports as innovational hubs – Thor Sigfusson, Sjávarklasinn
10:25 – 10:50 Coffee/Networking
10:50 – 12:00 NordMar BioRefine
- Introduction – Valur N. Gunnlaugsson
- Nordic blue bioeconomy network – Hjörleifur Einarsson
- NordMar BioRefine Portal – Þóra Valsdóttir
- Blue biorefinery feasibility study and operational model – Valur N. Gunnlaugsson
- Dissemination and education – Katrin Gunnarsdóttir & Lene Lange
12:00 – 13:00 L unch /Networking
13:00 – 14:20 NordMar Plastic
- Introduction – Sophie Jensen
- Arctic Plastic symposium – Hrönn Jörundsdóttir
- Public awareness – Þorbjörg Sandra Bakke
- Education – Margrét Hugadóttir,
- Outreach – Belen Garcia – VIDEO
- Collaboration – Justine Vanhalst
- Future collaboration – Astrid project
- The role of a Nordic network in a global pollution context – Katrin Vorkamp
14:20 – 14:55 Panel – plenary session
- • What can we take from this?
- • What can we take from the Covid era?
- • How can we improve the Nordic cooperation in the future
14:55 – Icebreaker – take home message