A Common Path: Iceland's presidency of the Nordic Council of Ministers in 2019
Youth, sustainable tourism and the ocean environment are three priority areas of Iceland's presidency of the Nordic Council of Ministers in 2019.
The Ocean priority consists of three NordMar programs that will run between 2019 and 2021: NordMar Plastic, NordMar BioRefine and NordMar Ports.
NordMar Plastic will:
- Contribute to creation of a harmonised international standard for plastic detection and analysis in the marine biosphere.
- Establish a dynamic interdisciplinary Nordic network of experts on plastic.
- Increase awareness on the impact of plastic in the Nordic marine environment.
- Create educational material on the environmental impact
of plastic for children and solutions to plastic pollution.
- Provide policy recommendations on plastic reduction and improved management.